ADHD Treatment Near Fair Lawn
A growing number of people are diagnosed as having attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder these days, but what should you do following your diagnosis? Professional treatment at The Counseling Center can help you negotiate life with ADHD. We’ll help you handle your condition and keep it from overwhelming your life. Call us at 201-389-5326 today to discover more about our mental health services including ADHD and ADD treatment near Fair Lawn.
What Is Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is a nervous system condition that has the potential to make life a challenge. If you suffer from ADHD, you may struggle with inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity, which get in the way of completing vital tasks. This may affect school, work, home life, relationships, and physical and mental health. With ADHD, you could see symptoms such as:
- Difficulty focusing on a task or balancing multiple tasks
- Being easily distracted
- Minimal attention span
- Poor management of time
- Struggling to follow directions
- Trouble keeping things organized or making plans
- Frequently losing things
- Limited control of impulses
- Easily frustrated
It’s worth noting that medical specialists now designate ADHD as:
- Primarily inattentive presentation (once designated ADD; does not have hyperactivity symptoms)
- Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive presentation (displays hyperactivity symptoms)
- Blended presentation
No matter how your ADHD appears, you are entitled to top-notch treatment to help you manage the condition. The skilled clinicians and staff at The Counseling Center’s ADHD treatment center in Fair Lawn are able to help you manage your ADHD and develop coping mechanisms for living a fruitful life. Contact us at 201-389-5326 to request your initial assessment and start treatment.
How Will The Counseling Center at Fair Lawn Treat ADHD?
ADHD can interfere with various parts of your life, but there’s no need to let it get the better of you. The proper support administered by knowledgeable mental health specialists can help you govern your ADHD and how it influences your life. At The Counseling Center, we work with you to determine the right mix of therapy and medication to treat your ADHD and build the coping abilities you require to prosper.
When you're ready to receive help for ADHD, reach out to us at 201-389-5326, and we'll schedule an evaluation. We'll review your medical history and symptoms during your initial appointment to figure out what type of support is most suitable. You'll be provided with an individualized care strategy that adapts effective treatment methods to your specific needs. From there, we are able to treat you for however long you need assistance controlling your ADHD.
Expert ADHD Therapy For Adults And Teens
Therapy is critical for treating adults and adolescents with ADHD. The therapists at The Counseling Center can help you explore the complex emotions associated with ADHD and acquire essential life skills. Our goal is to help you control ADHD, so you won't have to battle through day-to-day tasks. Based on your unique needs, you may receive any of the various kinds of treatment, like:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to modify behaviors and work through the challenges of ADHD
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to learn how to get past obstructive emotions and stress
- Trauma-informed therapy if you have trauma connected to your ADHD
- Motivational interviewing for developing healthy and productive life skills and habits
Treating ADHD With Prescription Medications
Many individuals struggle to find the proper medication and dose to manage ADHD. Our medical practitioners are knowledgeable in the different medications recommended for ADHD and will help discover the right option for you. We'll look at what you've already taken and how it did or didn't work for you and issue medications based on your individual experiences. We are always ready to discuss how your present treatment is progressing and will make adjustments as necessary to find something more effective.
Why Seek Help At Our ADHD Treatment Center Near Fair Lawn?
We believe you'll see optimal results when you get the best care. That's why we aim to provide only evidence-based services at The Counseling Center. When you enter our facility for ADHD treatment, you can anticipate
- Licensed, skilled therapists and clinicians
- Evidence-based techniques and prescription drugs
- Individualized treatment
- Several levels of mental health care including Mental Health IOP
- Easy-to-access ADHD treatment center near Fair Lawn
- Flexible scheduling of on-site and telehealth sessions
- Most insurance coverages welcomed
- Expert treatment for co-occurring drug or alcohol use disorders
- Understanding, respectful care
Make An Appointment For ADHD And ADD Treatment Near Fair Lawn
Don’t battle ADHD on your own. You deserve help. Contact us at 201-389-5326 or submit the form below, and we will respond immediately to speak with you about treatment. We answer at all hours, all year long. We are ready for you today.