Bipolar Disorder Treatment Near Fair Lawn
It’s tough to get the most out of life when you are battling the ups and downs of bipolar disorder. But you don’t have to struggle alone. The Counseling Center offers professional bipolar disorder treatment near Fair Lawn for teenagers and adults who need help controlling their condition and discovering how to live with it. If you would like to regain control of your life, call us at 201-389-5326, and we’ll begin creating a plan so you can manage your bipolar disorder.
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a mental health condition. When you suffer from bipolar disorder, you experience extreme mood fluctuations between emotional highs called mania or hypomania stages and emotional lows referred to as depressive stages. These drastic mood swings can affect your energy levels, sleep habits, decision making, and everyday tasks. You may have increased energy to the level of restlessness, making it hard to sleep, focus, or make good decisions throughout a manic or hypomanic period. Then during depressive phases, you might feel depressed or isolated, lack interest in routine activities, have deviations in eating and sleeping patterns, and even feel suicidal thoughts.
There are several forms of bipolar and similar disorders. Some of the most commonly experienced ones are
- Bipolar 1 disorder: You’ve endured at least one manic episode that went on for more than a week and possibly depressive phases as well.
- Bipolar 2 disorder: You’ve experienced a minimum of one depressive phase and hypomania symptoms for a minimum of four days.
- Cyclothymic disorder: You’ve endured both hypomanic and depressive periods for at least two years, or your symptoms aren’t extreme enough to categorize as bipolar 1 or 2.
Regardless of your bipolar condition, existing with this condition is hard, and you deserve expert help. Our bipolar treatment center near Fair Lawn provides a secure place where you are able to obtain bipolar treatment from credentialed mental health practitioners. Bipolar disorders isn’t something to be “cured”, but we can help you grasp your symptoms and learn how to move forward in life with bipolar. Call us at 201-389-5326 today to schedule an evaluation and start looking into your goals for treatment.
How Does The Counseling Center Treat Bipolar Disorder?
We understand how bipolar disorders impact every part of your life. We offer skilled bipolar treatment near Fair Lawn to help you take charge of your bipolar disorder and move forward in life the way you want. You are entitled to the best in mental health services, and we are pleased to support you for whatever length of time you require.
The Counseling Center takes a two-tiered approach to bipolar disorder, tackling it with both prescription medications and therapy sessions. When you call us about bipolar disorder treatment, we’ll get started by arranging an assessment of your symptoms and medical history. Once we have a thorough understanding of your exact requirements, we’ll design you a personal plan of care that utilizes evidence-based treatment methods.
Bipolar Disorder Medication For Controlling Symptoms
Bipolar disorders are most effectively controlled with medications that help stabilize mood. They are able to curb the severe mood swings you experience with bipolar and, in so doing, the consequences of those mood swings. While it may require some different approaches to decide on the right medication and dosage level, our skilled technicians will work with you the entire time to determine what works for you and make adjustments as necessary.
Bipolar Disorder Therapy Near Fair Lawn
Managing your bipolar disorder also requires therapy and reflection. Exploring your feelings with an experienced therapist will help you navigate through the range of emotions and triggers of bipolar, so you can learn healthy coping skills. Therapy coupled with the proper medication can help you regain control of your life and do the things you want without your disorder obstructing your progress.
Our therapists employ many types of bipolar therapy near Fair Lawn. The sorts of therapy you are given will depend on your unique plan of care but may involve:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to change detrimental patterns of thinking and behavior deriving from depressive phases
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to learn positive ways to deal with the upsetting emotions common with bipolar disorder
- Motivational interviewing to uncover internal motivation for working on healthy habits to better your life
- Trauma-informed therapy to address how traumatic experiences have influenced your bipolar disorder
Why Enter Our Bipolar Disorder Treatment Center Near Fair Lawn?
Qualified treatment is the most advantageous way to manage bipolar disorder so that you can live a fulfilling life. The Counseling Center works to present a secure environment where you feel relaxed undergoing treatment from our caring personnel. We are confident you’ll be most successful controlling your bipolar disorder when you receive first-rate care in your treatment. This is the reason why we supply outstanding care with things such as
- Qualified, knowledgeable clinicians and therapists
- Evidence-based medical and psychotherapy treatment for bipolar disorders
- Support customized to your needs
- Multiple levels of mental health care
- Easy-to-access location near Fair Lawn
- Versatile schedules with telehealth sessions available
- Most insurance coverages accepted
- Professional care for co-occurring drug or alcohol use disorders
Start Bipolar Disorder Treatment Near Fair Lawn
If bipolar disorder is interfering with your life, help is available now. Call The Counseling Center at Fair Lawn at 201-389-5326 or fill out the following form, and we will respond right away to talk about bipolar treatment and our services. Contact us anytime, and we will help you.