PTSD Treatment Near Fair Lawn
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, may interfere with your life and make it difficult to operate on a daily basis. Thankfully, specialized treatment can make a difference. If you’re ready to work through past traumas and move forward with your life, reach out to The Counseling Center at Fair Lawn at 201-389-5326 today. We deliver dignified, specialized PTSD treatment near Fair Lawn for teenagers, adults, and veterans in a protected location.
What Is PTSD?
The psychiatric disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can occur if you experience or witness a traumatizing event or sequence of events.
This includes war, abuse or violence, sexual assault, grave accidents, natural disasters, harassment, or any other intense or continual occurrence that threatens your overall welfare. Anyone can suffer from PTSD at any point in their life.
PTSD can become debilitating when symptoms interfere with living a typical, content life. These symptoms can include
- Feeling stressed even when you are no longer in danger
- Overwhelming thoughts and visions about the traumatic occurrence
- Graphic flashbacks to the incident
- Blotting out portions of the past trauma
- Keeping away from reminders of the trauma, such as people or places involved
- Feelings of shame or blaming oneself
- Continual fear and suspicion
- Lack of concentration
- Easily startled
- Always being on alert and untrusting
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anger and irritability
- Decreased interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing or feeling detached from others
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Feeling hopeless or emotionally numb
Many people endure these sorts of symptoms in the time period succeeding a traumatic event. Even so, PTSD can also emerge years following the traumatic occurrence. Some individuals may even suffer from PTSD by learning that someone else -- such as a member of their family or a dear friend -- went through a traumatic event. You might have PTSD if your symptoms endure longer than a month and inhibit you from functioning as usual.
If you are battling PTSD, the caring therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Fair Lawn are ready to help. Our skilled staff understands what you’re dealing with and has a history of helping people like you cope with PTSD. Contact us at 201-389-5326 immediately to arrange an evaluation and see how we will help you deal with past incidents.
What Is The The Counseling Center Approach For Treating PTSD?
You’re not able to change the truth that you have endured a traumatic event, but expert PTSD treatment near Fair Lawn can stop it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center provides psychotherapy and prescription treatment for PTSD as an aspect of our extensive mental health services. We’ll work with you at at your preferred pace to help you recover from trauma and manage the symptoms of PTSD so you can experience a Once we assess your medical history and symptoms, we’ll create a personal plan of care with evidence-based therapy and medication to fit your individual needs for treating PTSD. Contact us at 201-389-5326 today to schedule an appointment and start your individualized PTSD treatment near Fair Lawn.
Skilled PTSD Therapy Near Fair Lawn
Discussing your past trauma and feelings with a qualified therapist is crucial for PTSD treatment. Our clinicians understand the devastating nature of trauma and keep it in mind during conversations. In therapy, you’ll have the chance to modify negative patterns of thought, acquire healthy coping techniques, and commence the healing process. Together, we can get you to a place where you’re not only enduring but growing in spite of past trauma.
The credentialed therapists at The Counseling Center employ several types of PTSD therapy near Fair Lawn. We will make a recommendation the types of therapy we feel will best suit your needs. These may include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that focuses on how trauma has influenced all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to recognize thought patterns that are holding you back from healing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to develop coping skills for dealing with the painful emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to uncover the inner motivation, so you can make the needed changes to encourage healing and living a healthier life
Utilizing Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can lead to many physical and mental symptoms that make day-to-day living hard. There are some symptoms that can be managed with the proper medications when paired with PTSD therapy near Fair Lawn. Our experienced medical team will collaborate with you to decide when medication is needed and select the appropriate one for you. We’ll also perform necessary changes and are always here to take questions to make sure your medicine remains safe and beneficial for you.
Why Seek Help At Our Fair Lawn PTSD Treatment Center?
You shouldn’t have to struggle by yourself with PTSD. The Counseling Center is here to help, and we offer the best care possible to help you achieve your goals for managing your stressors and trauma. Everything we do at our PTSD treatment center near Fair Lawn puts a priority on you as the patient. That includes:
- Certified, skilled clinicians and therapists
- Evidence-based therapy and medications for PTSD
- Care customized for you
- Many options of mental health care
- Centrally located near Fair Lawn
- Flexible schedules with telehealth appointments available
- Major insurance welcomed
- Advanced treatment for co-occurring alcohol or drug disorders
- Empathetic, dignified care
Find PTSD Treatment Near Fair Lawn
If you suffer from PTSD, you are entitled to help. Contact us at 201-389-5326 or fill out the following form, and we will reply right away to provide more info about our PTSD treatment. We’re always available, no matter the time or day. We are ready to assist you today.